|Title:||Joseph Maxwell: b. ~1822, IRE > New Brunswick, Canada > Philadelphia|
|Posted by:||Mike Maxwell|
|Date:||24 October 2009|
Seeking info or connections to Joseph Maxwell, shoemaker, born in Ireland c, 1822, emigrated to Canada (New Brunswick), then to Philadelphia. I have household info for US Censuses 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880. I believe that he died Aug 29, 1883 in Philadelphia.|
Joseph married a woman named Mary, born in Ireland c. 1824.
They had the following children:
1. John Maxwell, b. ~1846, New Brunswick, Canada (or possibly Ireland)
2. Mary Maxwell, b. ~1848, New Brunswick, Canada
3. Harry Maxwell (also given as "Henry"; possibly also "Samuel"), b. ~1851, Pennsylvania. I believe that he died Nov 23, 1886 in Philadelphia.
4. Rebecca Maxwell, b. ~1853, Pennsylvania
5. Martha Maxwell, b. ~1857, Pennsylvania
Harry (#3) married Annie Oakley (b. ~1854 in Pennsylvania), and had the following children:
1b. Joseph Maxwell, b. ~1874, Philadelphia
2b. Annie Maxwell, b. ~1876, Philadelphia
3b. James Alexander Maxwell, b. Oct 10, 1877, Philadelphia. Died Aug 1964 in Narberth, PA.
4b. William Maxwell, b. ~1880, Philadelphia
5b. Possibly a fifth child, Harry Maxwell.
James (#3b) married Martha Flinn (b. Jul 12, 1879) and had 5 children. I have much info on these descendants of James & Martha.